browse by topic
Grilled Salmon Nicoise Salad
French inspired, Nicoise salad featuring heart healthy grilled salmon, with a fresh lemon vinaigrette. Add some easy, delicious sophistication to your meal!
- 2 4 – 5 – ounces fresh (or frozen) skinless salmon fillets
- 8 tiny new potatoes
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Olive oil
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens, with arugula
- 8 grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- sliced cucumber
- match stick carrots
- thinly sliced red onion
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup nicoise olives, pitted, and/or other pitted olives
- 1 recipe Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a screw top jar, combine salt and black pepper, lemon peel, lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic; cover and shake well.
- Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. Peel a strip around the center of each potato. In a covered large saucepan, cook potatoes in enough lightly salted boiling water to cover for 10 minutes. Add green beans. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes more or until potatoes and beans are tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain again. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, measure thickness of salmon fillets. Sprinkle salmon with lemon-pepper seasoning. Lightly coat both sides of salmon fillets with olive oil.
- For a charcoal grill, place salmon fillets on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through grilling if fish is over 3/4 inch thick. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place salmon fillets on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Cut salmon into serving-size pieces.
- Line six plates with salad greens. Arrange salmon, potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, onions, eggs, and olives on greens. Drizzle with Lemon Vinaigrette.