browse by topic
Broccoli Cheddar Potato Soup
1 T olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, minced
4 C bone broth
6 medium potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
4 medium to large broccoli crowns, stems and all, rough chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
T fresh thyme
1/2 C half and half or heavy cream
1/2 C light sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
sourdough baguette, as an accompaniment
1. Heat olive oil in dutch oven and add onions and garlic, cooking until opaque.
2. Add bone broth, celery and potatoes. Cook until potatoes are soft.
3. Add broccoli and thyme, cooking until broccoli just blanched.
4. Add creams and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with cheddar cheese garnish and sour dough baguette.
Craving a warm, smooth, broccoli cheddar potato soup? Try this version I created last night! It was a hit with the kids and was filling. The bone broth boosts the health benefits, and the smooth cream and cheese, add some comfort. It just tastes too good for the soul! Enjoy!