browse by topic
Signs you have a candida overgrowth
Do you know the signs you have a candida overgrowth? Do you even know what a candida overgrowth is? Well let’s explore this subject and get some answers. Candida is a fungal form of yeast, that lives within your body, specifically in the intestines and mouth. The candida is supposed to be there in limited amounts to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. It becomes a problem when there is too much candida or an overgrowth.
Candida overgrowth can be caused by taking antibiotics which kill off the good intestinal bacteria, eating a diet high in refined carbohydrates and sugar, high alcohol intake and a history of taking oral birth control pills. Couple any or all of these factors with todays high stress lifestyle, and you will get a result of candida overgrowth.
According to Dr Amy Myers, MD, the 10 Common Candida Symptoms are:
1. Skin and nail fungal infections such as athlete’s foot, ringworm, and toenail fungus
2. Feeling tired and worn down or suffering from chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
3. Digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
4. Autoimmune disease such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Ulcerative colitis, Lupus, Psoriasis, Scleroderma or Multiple sclerosis
5. Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, lack of focus, ADD, ADHD and brain fog
6. Skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis, hives, and rashes
7. Irritability, mood swings, anxiety, or depression
8. Vaginal infections , urinary tract infections, rectal itching or vaginal itching
9. Severe seasonal allergies or itchy ears
10. Strong sugar and refined carbohydrate cravings
You can confirm whether or not you have a candida overgrowth through blood tests, stool samples or through a specialized urine test. Once you have confirmation of a candida overgrowth, you can begin treatment. The fist step to effective treatment will include stopping the growth of more candida. The number one thing that feeds the candida and contributes to its production is a diet high in refined carbs and sugar. So naturally, eliminating the sugar, flour, alcohol and carbohydrates like grains, potatoes, fruit and beans will eventually cause the candida to die. It will starve without the food it loves so much. This process will take some time, research shows 3-6 months at least. You can speed the process by adding anti-fungal treatments, but I suggest you consult with a holistic or naturopathic physician to get the best guidance. Once the candida overgrowth is stopped, you will need to feed your body probiotics to keep the digestive and immune systems in balance. Once you are successful at getting the overgrowth under control, your health and well being should naturally improve.
Posted in Health & Wellness | March 21 st , 2015 | 0 Comments