Swiss Chard with Chickpeas Recipe
Today I bring to you another recipe! This particular recipe is so simple and very healthy! Who doesn’t love a good swiss chard with chickpeas recipe?? I do, its delicious! Let’s get started!
1 10-ounce box couscous
1/2 cup pine nuts
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
1/2 cup raisins (dark or golden)
2 bunches Swiss chard, stems trimmed
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Now onto our very short list of instructions for this delightful dish.
- Place the couscous in a bowl. Add 1 ½ cups boiling water and stir. Cover tightly and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, over low heat, toast the pine nuts, shaking the pan frequently, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Return the skillet to medium heat, add the oil, and heat for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chickpeas, raisins, chard, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chard is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and divide among individual plates. Top with the chard and sprinkle with the pine nuts.
I hope you find this dish very simple, sharable, and scrumptious!
Posted in Food | January 4th, 2016 | 0 Comments
0 CommentsComments closed