Quick and Healthy Meals
School is back in session and you would think, I would have all the time in the world to prepare dinners, right? Nope. I feel like the days fly by faster than ever now! So, in order to keep health on track, I needed to find some quick and healthy meals! Here is one of my new favorites, Sweet Potato Lentil Soup with Lime Tortilla Strips! Throw it in the slow cooker and savor the flavor later! Enjoy!
The first recipe comes courtesy of Fit Foodie Finds and I think is a new household favorite!
Sweet Potato Lentil Soup with Lime Tortilla Strips
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots (baby or regular)
- 1 can white beans
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 2T chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne power
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Place all ingredients into your crockpot and cook on high for about 4 hours or until sweet potatoes are soft enough to pierce with a fork.
Lime Tortilla Strips
- -8-10 mini corn tortillas
- -Nonstick cooking spray
- -Juice from 1/2 lime
- -Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to Broil. Then, spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Next, using a pizza cutter, slice mini tortillas into strips. Then, arrange them on 2. the baking sheet so that they are not touching.
- Next, lightly spray chips with nonstick cooking spray and squeeze lemon juice on top. Then, sprinkle on sea salt to your preference.
- Broil the first side for about 2-3 minutes watching it very closely. Once it begins to turn brown, remove from oven, flip, and put back in for an additional 1.5 – 2 minutes. Again, make sure you keep a close eye on them so that they don’t burn!
Picture From Fit Food Finds