This week on Kids Corner, I will be introducing you to a healthy recipe. The meal is quick, easy, and scrum-diddly-umptious! So without further a due, let’s get to the recipe!
Chicken, Zucchini, and Prosciutto:
1. 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2. 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4. 2 tablespoons olive oil
5. 1/4 pound (about 8 slices) prosciutto
6. 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced into half-moons
7. 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
8. 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 400° F. Season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon each of the salt and pepper to give the chicken a little pop of flavor
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 2 minutes per side so it turns golden
- Once golden, transfer the chicken to the oven and roast for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a second skillet, over medium heat, heat the remaining oil. Cook the prosciutto until crisp, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate so you can start serving.
- Add the zucchini, garlic, and remaining salt and pepper to the skillet and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. This gives it a salty but a delicious flavor to all the vegetables.
- Add the prosciutto and zucchini mixture to the skillet with the chicken, squeeze the lemon over the top, and toss. Divide among the plates so you or your family/friends can enjoy!
This is one of my family’s favorite meals, and it gives us a chance to work together in the kitchen to prepare it. After, we get to sit down as a family and talk about our day, and eat a delicious meal together. I think its important for all families to sit down together as a family because it brings everyone closer and creates a stronger bond between everyone.