Flu season is upon us, are you prepared?
Flu season is upon us, are you prepared? Do you know tips to prevent yourself or your family from getting it? Watching the news this morning, reminded me that taking daily preventative steps can reduce your risk of contracting the deadly flu virus. Its a tad bit scary to say that the flu virus is deadly, but the reports I saw this morning, stated it is reaching epidemic numbers and is hitting children at an alarming rate. A certain 5 year old I know, came home with some sound advice from school yesterday…WASH YOUR HANDS and COVER YOUR MOUTH OR NOSE when you cough or sneeze! That simple advice from a 5 year old is key, and the CDC has more to help keep all of us at lower risk of getting the flu.
Here are the simple suggestions from the Center for Disease Control (CDC):
1. Make time to get a flu vaccine
2. Wash your hands often with soap and water
3. Avoid people who are sick, including staying home if you are sick yourself
4. Cover your mouth or nose when you sneeze or cough
5. Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes, germs spread that way
6. Clean and disinfect surfaces that can become infected with germs